Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dinner #1



Dear Diary-
So the $25.00 challenge- i did it! Well at least the shopping part on the budget! Here was Tuesday's Dinner...
*Slice the Eggplant 1/2 inch thick slices
*Dip in Egg
*Coat in Breadcrumbs ( i used left over herbed croutons- mashed them up into crumbs- TASTY!)
*Saute in oil and butter in saute pan 2 minutes per side
*Top with Mozz Cheese and put under the boiler to melt cheese
Layer one eggplant slice on toasted hamburger bun, top with spicy tomato sauce,top
with second slice of eggplant, top with more sauce and basil leaves ( have some
growing on my porch! )

served with roasted asparagus and sliced shallot.... mmmmmmm yummy- smokey and crispy and tangy

So I cheated by using left over croutons for breadcrumbs, butter, salt and pepper and used my basil that grows on our back porch... but other than that all ingredients were bought on my $25 budget! I think that is still pretty damn good if i don't say so myself...

1 comment:

Jennyfer Mancino said...

OMG,this looks incredible!!! My Italian husband would devour this!