Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Unexpected

Dear Diary-
My day is all frazzled up now because i have had a monkey wrench thrown into my little life leaving me scratching my head over some new possibilities... ughhh could be good though we will see...
I wish I had my camera with me to take pictures of my adventures but it got sand in it in St Thomas and the lens no longer works.. so picture a crispy looking super delicious chicken that i baked last night here.... and here is the recipe OH YUMMMMMM
Spanish Olive Baked Bird
1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry ( take the bag of gizzards out of the cavity COLLEEN! )
1 cup of small green spanish olives
1 large red onion cut into big chunks
olive oil
butter
Adobo Seasoning

Preheat oven to 425
place onions and olives in bottom of baking dish
season the chicken liberally with the adobo seasonings on all sides and in the cavity
cook in the oven uncovered for 1 hour and 45 min or until temperature in the chicken is 180, baste the chicken several times with the pan dripping to make a super crispy bird
remove the chicken from the pan and let rest
sprinkle some flour into the pan and whisk together with the juices to make a perfect pan gravy

No comments: