Monday, October 19, 2009

Cold Weather and Crazy Purchases

Dear Diary-
I do not even know where to begin.... my love came home Friday night from a work trip and I was so happy to see him. So Saturday I left him for a little bit- he was on his own for maybe an hour. I get a call from Gabe when I was out with my mom and he told me that he made a purchase that I wasn't going to be to happy about...i had a hundred thing running thru my mind NEVER could i have imagine what he was going to tell me. He said he bought a bear- i was like why would you buy a teddy bear? He let me know that it was not a teddy bear... it was a bear that used to be alive that was now skinned and adhered to felt. I could have died- Gabe was so proud. Ugh Diary who goes out and buys a bear after seeing something furry at a garage sale? So now Gabe has a bear on the wall next to his 8 foot long fish tank that he refers to as his "show piece". Seeing that his office now resembles some sort of tropical camping lodge and it was "cold" out. Being in Florida if it drops below 75 it's considered cold. Anyway I was inspired to make some chili. The boys came over and watched football outside in the back patio and made fun of Gabe and his bear....


Chili
2 teaspoons oil
2
onions, chopped
3 cloves
garlic, minced
1 lb
lean ground beef
3/4 lb
beef sirloin, cubed
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can
diced tomatoes
1 can
dark beer
1 cup strong coffee
2 (6 ounce) cans
tomato paste
1 can
beef broth
1/2 cup
brown sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons
chili sauce
1 tablespoon
cumin
1 tablespoon
cocoa
1 teaspoon
oregano
1 teaspoon
cayenne
1 teaspoon
coriander
1 teaspoon
salt
2 (15 ounce) cans
kidney beans
1
jalepeno pepper, chopped

Heat oil, cook onions, garlic and meat until brown.
Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth.
Add spices Stir in 2 cans of kidney beans and peppers.
Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is to funny!