Friday, October 16, 2009

Jerkie's Dinner


Dear Diary-
Now that I think about it, Dear Diary started in culinary school. A select few of us all had our little books that we jotted down recipes and food tips- but we would also trade and then write Dear Diary entries in each other's books. Chef Heather made fun of our Diaries but it brought Ben, Natalie, Ashley and I great joy.... ahh MEMORIES!
So this is my favorite Dear Diary friend's dinner from last night. Ben aka Jerkie made an amazing poached Halibut. It almost looked like a vegetable terrine of sorts. But no... when I asked Jerkie about it he told me it was fish. Looks DELICIOUS! So here is Jerkie's recipe....
Take a piece of fish, throw some salt and pepper on it, add tomato confit on the top, basil leaves on bottom, douse in olive oil, wrap in plastic wrap and put the whole packet in simmering water for a few mins

No comments: