Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mom's Maine Salad

Dear Diary-
Mom aka Linda Lou is up in Maine for the summer. She planted a garden with Dad up there back in June... and tonight she had her first salad from her garden...I can't wait til we go up there.. maybe i can find some nice cheese to go with her fresh garden delights!
From Mom...
French breakfast radishes, Red Sail lettuce, Green tower lettuce, Loose leaf lettuce from our plot in the community garden. All planted 6/13/09. Also pictured are wild raspberries from Benz’s walk this afternoon picked along the road side (I washed them very well), and Mescaline mix lettuce sprouts from the salad bowls I planted on the deck off the family room. I was tempted to pick the baby zucchini that seem to grow an inch a day, but I’ll hold off.

No comments: