Monday, July 6, 2009

Saturday

Dear Diary-
So it was moving day/ weekend/ still moving this past weekend. Anyway picture this... we are making a run to get more things to move to the new house, Gabe realizes he left his cell and his wallet on the back of his truck when we pulled away. So this nice lady named Noel calls and says she found the phone and will drop it off- good thing cell check wallet who knows. Gabe then instantly is thrown into a panic/ hissy fit. So being the good wife I am and with hopes that perhaps I can find the wallet and our entire weekend will not be ruined I go off to look for the wallet. As I scour a 3 mile stretch of pavement and curves looking for his little wallet with no glasses on I am praying to God that I find it or some nice person like Noel found the wallet and put it in our mailbox... I would do that! Anyway I am praying and praying and I spot the wallet! I instantly swerve over to the side of the road and then get honked at, yelled at and flicked off by the angry driver behind me- yeah Happy 4th of July to you too jerk off. Anyway so I grab the wallet just to find it empty. I think dang it some idiot stole all the cards and ditched the wallet. Then I see this glimmer of gold... the AMEX! WOOOOO WHOOOO then I see more and more cards. Keep in mind Diary I am dodging cars and picking up strewn cards across 4 lanes of traffic- in a really attractive outfit covered in pain primer and flip flops. Ok so I gather the contents that I could find and I am pretty sure that I got it all. I hop back in my car and turn around to go back to the new house and tell Gabe that I saved the day. Now this is when it gets interesting... as I am passing over Mills Ave and smiling ear to ear I hear myself say OUT LOUD "God is Good". Yes Diary it seems that I had a true moment- that I was reborn and have realized the power of prayer... I decided I needed to go to church since I prayed so hard to find the wallet and it showed up. I did not go as far as raising my hands up to feel the power of God's love but it was close.
So feeling full of pride, happiness and the Lord Our Savior I pull up to the new house and honk the horn to tell Gabe the good news. I see my Gabe and proudly waive his wallet at him- which he takes and looks thru... Diary I was thinking he would be so excited and hug me and thank me and feel the power of God too... well this is what he said
" Where's my concealed weapons permit? "
Apparently dodging traffic and bringing home all of his cards was not good enough because the weapons permit was not recovered. Well Diary I felt the happiness and the Lord leave me as I went inside to call Gabe's mother and curse him out.
I didn't get to church the next day...

No comments: